Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wakefield Willys Update 2.6

From the previous post, you can see a before and after picture of the engine. I wish I had taken a better pict at the beginning. My mistake.

In the "before shot", we had a leaking carb, and everything was coated in PA mud. That is good for the frame, but not the engine.

Now, in the "after shot" we see the engine slowly getting cleaned up. This summer, I have cleaned the oil cap, air cleaner, carb and most recently the oil filter assembly.

Boy was that work! I am not anxious to do that again, it was like a jigsaw puzzle, and make sure you put it back in a certain order or you will find yourself repeating steps.

Quite the patience builder. Anyway, gave me a chance to change the oil, and get it ready for Winter. Looks good.

No comments: