Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wakefield Willys Update 3.0

Not much to say, but there are a few things....

Craftsman Tool Box

Have tried out the hammer dolly set and it works great! Seriously, it straighten up lots of edges and even a few bumps.

The only trouble is that the big dents are inaccessible. No way to fix them, so it seems frustrating to fix a whole lot of little spots only to still have 2 or 3 big dents.

So, as crazy as this seems, I am going to try and use some puddy, and see if that would smooth things out a bit. That will have to wait until warmer temps.

Willys Jeep

Still hunting for a tailgate and a fiberglass front fender. I passed up some good opportunities in the fall, and now I wish I had not. Oh well, what can you do? Just need to keep looking.

Other than that, I have done little. I need to do some removal of rusty screws and bolts, and the fact is I am not looking forward to it. The cold temps are a good excuse to keep putting it off.

Honestly, I am realizing that there is a lot of work you CAN NOT DO when it is cold. And the cold does not motivate. A heated garage would be great right about now.

No comments: