Saturday, May 29, 2010

Early CJ Fenders

So, here are the fenders I am HOPING to use for our front end restoration project.

At first glance, they are better than most, but on closer inspection and some wire brushing, you can see they are not as solid as I would have hoped.

Both fenders had a lot of paint, which hid the holes. There was also more bondo on them that I would have preferred. What it boils down to is this, I am not certain these are usable. Which is a real real real downer.

I am going to take them to a restoration outfit in Brookline, NH to see what there assessment is on the fenders if they are repairable. If I were a betting man, I would guess not, but we will see. Too be continued.

1 comment:

Jason Wakefield said...

Good News! The cj fenders are at this moment at the restoration clinic and are repairable. I was assured that they have seen worse fenders. Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to see them in a few weeks.