Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wakefield Willys Update 3.16

Other than a few small jobs on the 1960 Willys, the majority of the work is on the 1957 CJ5

Salvage Work

Stripped the Front Bumper of all unnecessary steel. It is fairly close to being ready to be restored, need to take the electric lights off, and we can begin grinding and sanding the bumper down. It could really use it before Winter as there are some serious rust flakes.

Started working on the windshield. Not liking what I am seeing, but am hoping to get it off to take a better look at it and see if it is restorable.

The Rear Bumper, like the Front Bumper is going to require a lot of effort to remove. My initial work and inspection tells me it is going to take several attempts. I am going to have to take the rear tires off, jack it up as high as I can get it, and then we may need the torch. Fun times ahead!

No comments: