Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wakefield Willys Update 4.7

I might have a new name for the Willys Project, "Patches"

Because I can not afford a new tub and the new tubs don't have some of the character of the original tub, I am "repairing" the original tub.

That means removing the paint, the rust and dirt and working with what is left.  Sometimes it requires patch work.  Cutting rusted no good steel out and replacing it with a new 16 gauge piece from the local hardware store.

I like doing it, even though it is tedious work.  But I am quickly realizing that no matter how good the welding job, grinding job or sanding job I do, you will see the patch work.  Not to mention the filled in holes, and every ding dent and scratch.

It is getting frustrating, but I think I am coming to grips with this reality.  This tub is going to look more like a quilt than I first thought.

No comments: