Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rear of the Jeep



These pictures are mainly so I can remember how bad it looked.

This summer, I hope to finally fix the worst part of the Jeep, the rear.  As you can see from the pictures, it looks terrible.  Dents, holes, rust, everything that makes this project a project is located in the rear.  

The driver side is not that bad.  It is not as bad as the passenger side was.  So that does not concern me.  The real work is like I said, the rear of the Jeep.

Here is just a partial list of things I have to do:

Remove rear valence, remove both rear panels, clean and paint the frame, repair a corner, fix the rear floor and replace a post.  And that is just the salvage part.  I have not included the rebuilding part.

I think once this hurtle is crossed, the Jeep is really going to come together.  I say that because from the front, it looks decent.  From the rear, it looks like this.  Once this is completed, both ends of the jeep will look solid.  Right now, the rear looks more like Swiss cheese.

Stay tuned, once I set aside the windshield, full steam ahead with the rear of the jeep!


No comments: