Saturday, February 7, 2015

Wakefield Willys Update 8.1

So it has been 2 months since I have posted, but work has been steadily been getting done.  Since my last update, I have been patching and welding rust spots on the Jeep Tub.  It sometimes feels like I fix one spot, and 5 more previously unknown problems appear.

The biggest shock was the floor panels.  I knew they were bad, but I thought I could patch it like others had done before.  Boy I was wrong, they needed to be cut out and replaced.

Today, I cut out the driver side floor panel.  It went well.  The frame looks good, thanks to the caked on Pennsylvania Clay.  When I went underneath to inspect the floor, I was stunned to find wood supports.  They are original, from the factory.  They will be taken out and replaced with steel.

The replacement panels come from Classic Enterprises.  They look great, and hope to put the first one in with floor supports very soon.





No comments: