Wednesday, August 5, 2009

All it needs is a Master Cylinder.......

As a wise friend of mine said, if that is all in needed, he would have fixed himself. How true how true how true.........

I can tell you with certainty that the Willys Jeep has no brakes. And when I mean no brakes, I mean nothing. Other than a few brake lines running along the frame, there is nothing left to take off. Master cylinder, brake drums, back plates and all misc parts that make brakes work are either in the garbage or sitting on the floor of the work area. Quite literally, there is nothing left to remove.

That is good news, because from here on out, we will be rebuilding, instead of tearing down. The donor back plates are wirebrushed and painted and ready to be installed. Parts are being gathered and arriving daily. The brake drums are having the studs removed at a machine shop, so we can install brand new studs to attach to the wheels.

I am certain that as of this post, there will be more items to purchase, I already know I need some more studs. But all I can say is this, we are very close to rebuilding a brand new brake system for a Willys Jeep.

No comments: