Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wakefield Willys Update 3.19

Well as the air gets colder, the work on the Jeep slows down. But before it gets ridiculous, I am plugging along on some tub repair.

Body Work

Since the Front End is done, my next year or so will be focused on the tub, the rear section of the Willys Jeep. It is in bad shape and since I don't have $3K for a new one, we are going to fix this tub up. I am going to quite literally work by way around it starting on the driver side.

As previously mentioned, the floor under the gas tank was problematic and I thought with a few welds, I could repair it. I can not, too much damage and it really needs to be replaced. Fortunately Quadratec has a lot of floor replacement panels, so it looks like I am going to be picking some up over the winter. It will be a major project, so for now I will let it go and focus on other parts of the tub.

In the picture is the front tub corner where the windshield attaches. Both of my corners are in terrible shape and need to be rebuilt. I am starting on this corner, and so far so good, cutting away the rust and thinking through the steps to rebuild the first corner. I might have it done this fall, we will see.


No comments: