Friday, August 6, 2010

Do you remember when I found the mouse den?


So back at the beginning of June, 2 months ago, I posted on my blog about restoring the firewall and starting to paint. And in the process, I found a mouse den / cemetery.

When I opened up the heater in June, I found a nest, dead mice and other unpleasant things I won't mention. Anyhow, I cleaned it out and reassembled the heater and thought nothing more of it.

Until today.

Monday, the Master Mechanic is coming over to help with some engine work. In preparation of his arrival, I took the heater apart to get it out of the way. As I took it apart I found to my surprise, a mouse nest! How is that possible? I thought I cleaned that out and left it spotless? There is only 2 plausible answers.

Someone either was absent when I cleaned it out, or someone has moved in at a later date. I am guessing the latter.

Pictured is the resident, and I am happy to say he or she was not harmed in the relocation. And I am thinking we can not reassemble the heater, apparently, it is quite the location!

Oh the joys of restoration project!

No comments: