Monday, August 30, 2010

Wakefield Willys Update 3.14

Well, just a quick simple update.

Engine
I fixed the exhaust leak, but that was not the end of the engine work as previous thought. The coolant system was not working right. The water pump was not coming on.

So we replaced the thermostat, and that did it. The engine continues to run smooth, and the coolant system is operating normally.

Electrical
Even though we installed the alternator, the wiring is not correct and it is not charging the battery. So I have a decision to make regarding the electrical system. Do I replace all the wiring at one time, or do it in small steps which could be tedious? Since I am wiped out with the front end project, I think I am going to see if I can get the wiring hooked up to charge the battery, and leave it at that for the moment.

Body Work
Picture shows the progress. Putting it slowly together. The reason for that is simple. We have had a few engine hiccups, and I have been getting busier with work. So eventually we will get the hardware on the hood, and attach the fenders. Picts will follow when it is all put together.

No comments: