Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wakefield Willys Update 3.12

So back in July, I began making this repair and posted about the beginning stages. I set it aside to work on other mini projects, and got back to it today.

In the first picture, you can see the rusted panel and the need to replace it. It is where the passenger fender meets the jeep tub. And important and strategic fix.

The second picture shows the cut and the third picture shows the new panel in place after welding it to the rest of the tub.

It is not done, but we are getting close. I just need to grind down the welds (in process), bondo the seam, and sand it and prime it.

With the frame up to the tub completely sanded down and painted, the body work on the front end restoration is almost done. Wow. A lot of work, but I am sure it will look great once all assembled.

I still have a ton of body work on the tub, but this is a good start.

No comments: